SpyFu Tool- If you’re an eCommerce business, you’re undoubtedly aware of your growing competition. More than half of all U.S. online sales are from direct competitors. So it’s no surprise that retail is getting more competitive every day. This is why many businesses have started implementing various strategies to ensure their success, including their rivals. After all, before you can hope to succeed in today’s marketplace. You need to understand your competition as much as possible. And what better way is there than monitoring your competitors? This article will explore how monitoring your competitors can help you succeed in today’s difficult market by spying on them and uncovering any vulnerabilities they might have.
What Is SpyFu?
SpyFu is a free tool that helps eCommerce businesses spy on their competitors and uncovers any weaknesses they may have. With SpyFu, you can easily determine who your competition is, what products they sell, and what marketing tactics they use. This can be incredibly helpful for anyone looking to see how they can improve their own eCommerce business.
How Does SpyFu Monitor Competitors?
SpyFu uses various tools to monitor your competitors, including Google Alerts, web browser extensions, and social media monitoring. When you sign up for SpyFu, you’ll be asked to provide an email address that you’d like to receive alerts about when your competitors publish new content. You can then click these alerts to see what your competitors have posted online. You can also click on the competitor’s name to see more information about their company, products, and marketing methods. For example, if you’re in the running for a new client. You can use SpyFu to see what your competitors are posting about. You can then use the information you uncover to decide what not to copy and what to include in your marketing strategy.
Benefits of Monitoring Competitors with SpyFu
- Find out what your competitors are doing and what they say about you.
- Detect any possible vulnerabilities in your business and address them before your competitors do.
- Improve your SEO and visibility by reposting any useful content your competitors have written.
- Increase sales by comparing your prices with your competitors.
- Improve customer loyalty by providing useful customer reviews.
- Attract customers by following competitors on social media.
- This is especially important if they have a following nearly as large as many of the big brands.
Features of SpyFu tool
- Provide full details of social media activities monitored.
- Reliable metrics and features are useful for marketers and sales professionals.
- Easy-to-use interface so that complete data can be retrieved within minutes.
- Helps business owners see the value of SEO.
- You get all this information in regards to competitor spending during each tracked campaign period where:
- A Campaign refers to a brand market online channel such as a website or AdWords ad, along with their audience information such as device type, operating system, location, and language setting when customers are in the Google Display Network.
In addition, you will also learn about the following:
1) Google Top Classified Sites Search- For finding out your competitor’s top significant search results pages.
2) Competitor’s exact AdRank and Cost per click (CPC), which enables www.spyfu.com users to determine if they need to outrank them or go straight ahead with the practice of Pay per click management.
3) The kind of paid ads used by www.spyfu.com competitors, whether it is:
- The broad match CPC: When broad-match keywords are associated with exact-match keywords, the ad group receives incoming searches that partially contain these keywords.
- The Exact Match CPC: It’s also known as “Creative Download Limits Based on Exact Match Keywords.” This type of approach requires the user to specify “adjacent” and (‘matching character(s)) for the essential search query outlying words for your ad to display appropriately alongside generally related queries.
- The Neg + Exact Match CPC: This will blend the on-page text of your ad with the ongoing search queries. Sent for a particular ad set
Should You Use SpyFu Tool?
While SpyFu is a great tool for uncovering any potential weaknesses in your business and strategizing ways to address them. It would help if you didn’t use it to spy on your customers. The main reason not to monitor competitors is that you want to keep your focus on your customers and not on other businesses. It would help if you also considered the ethics of using a competitor monitoring tool like this. Most of these services claim to “keep competitors in check,” but they don’t give you the tools to do it. There are, of course, some services that offer this option. But in our research, SpyFu could detect and report on competitors without any ethical issues.
Why You Shouldn’t Monitor Your Competitors with SpyFu Tool
- If you decide to use a competitor monitoring tool like SpyFu, you should understand that doing so is unethical. While most of these tools claim to “keep competitors in check,” they don’t give you the tools to do it.
- It’s important to remember that every business is different. No two companies will have the same marketing tactics and strategies if you use a competitor monitoring tool like SpyFu to spy on your rivals. You’ll be doing a disservice to your company by not discovering any unique opportunities you might miss out on.
- Monitoring your competitors can harm your business. For example, you might discover that your competitor is offering a lower price on a key product. It could put you at a disadvantage if you don’t have the same product in stock.
For all its benefits, a competitor monitoring tool like SpyFu should only be used to uncover any potential weaknesses in your business and strategize ways to address them. It would help if you didn’t use it to spy on your competitors, nor should you monitor your customers; doing so would be unethical and counterproductive. If you want to learn more about how this tool can help you succeed in today’s difficult market, sign up now and start monitoring your rivals.